Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Reporting to the Manager of Marketing Automation, the Platform Specialist is responsible for performing ongoing development, maintenance and operations support on industry leading marketing automation and digital communications platforms within ICF Olson’s technology portfolio. For the technology platforms utilized, the Platform Specialist will be responsible for overall campaign excellence, across multiple high profile clients - ensuring execution has been met with industry best-practice while pushing the limits of what these marketing technologies can bring to elevate the overall customer experience.
- A Right-Brained Person, you understand technology platforms, presentation layer programming development, databases management, and putting it all together into a single vision.
- A Translator, you are able to effectively understand strategic deliverables and translate them into technical requirements. In addition, you can communicate high level technical questions or issues into details that are understood by all stakeholders.
- A Strategic Thinker, think about the improvement of the client’s business through the use of the platform’s digital solution, and execute to exceed expectations.
- A Multitasker, you have perfected the art of speaking on the phone, writing an email and eating at the same time. Time is of the essence.
- Well Organized, you know where everything is at all times, things happen fast and you are always prepared.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day…
- Code Expertise: Have a strong ability to code specifically for an email, with a strong understanding of HTML and CSS. Should be able to write code that works across all devices, versions, and email clients.
- Platform Expertise: Technical understanding of product platform, with the ability to recommend, configure and execute campaign programs. Optimizing product performance and in turn maximizing business value of the product.
- Dedication: Ensuring that clients are receiving the highest level of service, value and strategic thinking from the campaign. Understanding the campaign brief, and translating it to functional deliverables, executing with a high level of accuracy & transparency.
- Collaboration: Support internal teams by providing technical support, product functionality, and demonstrating new feature capabilities.
- Support: Assist in investigation and resolution of all internal and external client, product/platform and network issues in a multi-vendor environment. Manage multiple cases involving a variety of technologies, protocols and equipment. Responsible for consistent delivery of product services on a 24*7 basis within well-defined quality metrics including 99.99% uptime.
- Analytics: Report on product performance and client utilization then roadmap to higher management
- Communicate: Onboarding new clients & understanding their project requirements; then work closely with the internal team to set up product and configuration in the system to ensure timely launch
- Innovative: Support internal teams by providing technical support, advancing platform functionality, and demonstrating new feature capabilities.
- Stress Management: Effectively handle any problems or issues that may arise from work quality or team performance
Your Experience & Intangible Traits:
The ideal candidate for Platform Specialist position will possess the following competencies:
- 2+ years in software product management and product marketing, email campaign development and deployment
- Experience with email deployment platforms
- Experience with mainstream email clients and message formats
- Data manipulation, working in MS Access and MS Excel
- Knowledge in HTML, CSS
- SQL server and MYSQL experience. Experience with relational databases.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills such as task management and decision making
- Experience with CASL Compliance is a plus
- Understanding of Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a definitive advantage
- Bachelors Degree and/or diploma
Why you’ll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental, short term and long term disability)
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- A brand new cell phone, with upgrades every 24 months (we’ve got your phone bill covered, too)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, peer-taught lunch and learns and outside workshops like Ladies Learning Code
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Office-ping pong and foosball tables, plus the latest and greatest video games
- Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
At ICF Olson, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. ICF Olson is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)