Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Director, Organizational Design & Change Management (Consulting)
Location: Los Angeles
Who we are:
ICF's PulsePoint Group are trusted advisors to Fortune 500 executives, defining strategies for communication, marketing and public affairs teams. We help leaders focus on their function’s vision and strategic planning, team structures and talent, change management, adoption of new technologies, and operating models and governance. We are proudly part of the ICF family of companies.
What we’re looking for:
PulsePoint Group is looking for a Director to lead clients and teams focusing on organizational design, process design, organizational development and change management. Clients are primarily in the communications, marketing and government affairs functions. This role will require a good understanding of capabilities and operations in those functions.
We like solution-oriented leaders who focus on building collaborative teams. The candidate has subject matter expertise and leadership skills that deliver high-value, strategic counsel to our clients.
What you’ll do:
Advise clients and build client relationships
- Make strategic recommendations to clients based on understanding business needs, data analysis and subject matter expertise.
- Oversee the strategy and planning for client accounts, understanding client needs and looking for opportunities to expand revenue.
- Participate in writing new business proposals.
- Act as an advisor to the client, building trust in all interactions and growing client relationships.
Oversee organizational design, assessment and change management client accounts
- Lead the team to consolidate research inputs and present recommendations for client’s organizational improvement (e.g. training, new process, new org design).
- Lead assessment activities including approving survey design and conducting stakeholder interviews.
- As part of assessment and/or change management, lead the review of client financials to look for opportunities for efficiency or better impact in planned spending.
- Lead client meetings and presentations on a regular basis.
- Manage large-scale transformation, tracking talent placement and design changes as part of a large organizational reorganization.
- Manage and produce work across the lifecycle of the project such as, designing and writing content for executive-facing presentation decks, building leadership team agendas, writing change businesses cases, building strategic planning approaches and drafting senior job descriptions.
- Direct client teams, ensuring development of client-ready work product and presentations. Review and oversee all account processes to ensure the team is completing work of high quality. Provide feedback and coaching if needed.
Develop and deploy large-scale professional training programs
- Gain input from senior members of the firm in approving approaches to training
- Provide training suggestions to the client based on org assessments and best practice knowledge. Review plans for large-scale training and provide feedback to the team.
- Provide subject matter input in development of trainings.
- Research and write content for training courses as appropriate.
Team leadership and mentoring
- Mentor team members for self-improvement.
- Motivate the team to do their best work.
- Promote a positive, collaborative environment.
- 5+ years of professional management consulting experience in organizational design, development, or people operations
- 5+ years of client-facing experience
- 3+ years people management experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in organization design, communications or related business degree.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Advanced business acumen and analytical thinking
- Ability to travel 20%-30% of the time
Los Angeles, CA (CA75)