Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Junior Business Analyst
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
IFC is growing and we are looking for talented, highly motivated Business Analysts to join our EM2 line of business for a large, business analysis and management support services contract within a CIO organization. This position will be located on our client site in Arlington, VA.
The ideal candidate will work with a large team of 50+ contractors on our program to determine client needs, gather requirements, perform research and analysis, draft requirements process flow diagrams and other requirements documentation, and provide general project support. The candidate will demonstrate excellent client engagement skills with the ability to quickly develop relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Assess and maintain an enterprise view of the business, ensuring traceability from organizational strategy to enterprise solutions
- Identify functional issues, interdependencies, and cross-silo redundancies within the organization
- Provide project updates and technical documentation (i.e. business needs statements, technical specifications, etc.) to clients and stakeholders
- Create and maintain various process and architecture diagrams
- Capture metrics that support the organizations IT governance processes
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and capture the relationships among roles, capabilities, and business units
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of experience as a business analyst on information technology-based projects
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) processes and Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated experience gathering and documenting requirements in both Word and Visio (or similar diagramming tool)
- Experience performing research and analysis on products and capabilities in the market
- Experience working with diverse Stakeholders
U.S. Citizenship required (required by federal government for position)
- Experience researching best practices and current trends in the market
- Experience with business process improvement
- Operational experience with program/project metrics tracking and reporting.
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support
- Solid oral communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations
- Problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing, or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio) and project management software (e.g., Primavera, or similar)
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)