Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
508 Compliance Support (Remote)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo. We are currently hiring a Senior Accessibility Analyst for 508 Compliance to review and ensure compliance of various documents for a cybersecurity related organization. In this role, you will work with a team of creative and cybersecurity experts to ensure print content is in compliance with the Rehabilitation Act (Section 508).
- Validate 508 compliance against government Accessibility standards on all print documents.
- Planning, preparation, and execution of tests to verify system 508 compliance and documenting and reporting of the test results.
- Report and document issues to client and actions to remedy.
- Develop test plans, scripts, and scenarios and implement them with software test procedures.
- Participate in test planning meetings and test readiness reviews providing technical input.
- Currently holds, or is able to obtain, DHS Fitness Determination.
- Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience.
- 508 Certified Trusted Tester with DHS preferred.
- Well versed in Section 508 Accessibility requirements
- Works to create Section 508–compliant MS Word, MS PowerPoint, digital products (video, infographics, and interactive products). Creates Section 508–compliant templates.
- Ability to turnaround compliant documents in a timely fashion and manage multiple deliverables each week.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, Adobe Acrobat Pro (to test/remediate PDFs), and various testing tools such as NVDA screen reader and Color Contrast Analyser.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong research and organizational skills.
- PR agency, corporate or government agency experience preferred.
- Success with being a team player with experience leading key projects or tasks.
- Self-starter, with ability to manage tasks and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
Job Location(s): This position is open to remote locations.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)