Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
2023 Summer Intern, Web Development (Undergraduate)
At ICF, when it comes to tackling some of the world’s most complex problems, we’re right in the thick of it all.
Partnering with both government and commercial clients, our IT modernization team makes an impact: creating the systems that combat human trafficking, contributing our IT expertise to COVID-19 prevention, creating a data-driven approach for smoking cessation efforts – and more. Our philosophy is simple. IT Transformation is about more than codes and computers. It’s about building a future where technology paves the way for a better world.
We’re currently hiring for Web Development Interns to join our teams in Summer 2023.
As a Web Development Intern, you will:
- Partner with teams as they perform requirements gathering through stakeholder interviews, document and artifact analysis, code and database reviews
- Provide support to Technical and QA teams to provide guidance and clarifications regarding requirement question
- Participate in workshop sessions
- Assist in authoring clear and concise technical requirement documentation
- Communicate and collaborate proactively with teams to analyze functional and technical needs, deliver functional and business requirements, create user stories, and groom development tasks for developer
- Create various high-quality deliverables to support the requirements and development processes as well as assist with security documentation
As a Web Development Intern, you will have:
- An understanding of general programming concepts as well as object-oriented programming fundamentals, API, web development and web services
- Familiarity with databases such as SQL
- Experience with full software development life cycles and process improvement methodologies
- Familiarity with UML modeling and process flow development
- Capability of clearly communicating complex system issues to technical and non-technical personnel and users
- Ability to work well with a wide range of individuals and problem solve technical issues
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Working towards a Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related technical fields
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)