Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
2023 Summer Intern, Software Engineer (Undergraduate)
At ICF, when it comes to tackling some of the world’s most complex problems, we’re right in the thick of it all.
Partnering with both government and commercial clients, our IT modernization team makes an impact: creating the systems that combat human trafficking, contributing our IT expertise to COVID-19 prevention, creating a data-driven approach for smoking cessation efforts – and more. Our philosophy is simple. IT Transformation is about more than codes and computers. It’s about building a future where technology paves the way for a better world.
As a 2023 Summer Intern, Software Engineer you will:
- Develop and implement digital technology solutions with appropriate software design methodology in a dynamic and fast paced team environment
- Perform all phases of the software development life cycle including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing and client interaction
- Write tests in an existing Java-based test suite that confirms successful implementation of code
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and create solutions as required
- Assist in creation of technical documentation as part of client deliverables
- Collaborate and work in an agile team environment
As a 2023 Summer Intern, Software Engineer you will have:
- An ability to define and present conceptual technology solutions to both technical and non-technical clients while articulating the value of technology to drive creative marketing platforms
- The ability to translate client goals into achievable technical specifications
- Experience with hands-on development, including an understanding of applications architecture such as:
- Object-oriented design and design patterns
- ORM libraries
- Database diagramming
- Systems diagramming
- Experience with technology skills including:
- Java, J2EE, C#, .NET or equivalent
- One SQL database technology (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle or equivalent)
- Experience with source control: Git and/or SVN
- Ability to integrate RESTful web services
- Experience with multiple software development lifecycles such as Agile and Waterfall
- GitHub page or code sample preferred
- Pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, or related field
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$28,270.00 - $48,058.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)