Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
2023 Summer Intern, Marketing (Undergraduate), Mid-Atlantic (DC, MD, VA)
This is a 10-week (June - August) internship and is expected to work in a hybrid environment, with most work being completed remotely and occasional work requirements from the ICF headquarters in Reston, VA, or ifor at offices in Columbia, MD or Washington, D.C.
At ICF, we make big things happen.
ICF’s utility practice is poised for significant growth over the next five years. From decarbonization of energy generation, to grid modernization, to energy efficiency and electrification of buildings and vehicles, ICF’s utility clients are at the center of a fundamental shift in the energy industry. In-order-to meet our goals, we are looking for an energetic intern to support our project activities. As an intern, you will gain insights into the energy industry and the emerging solutions utilities are adopting to provide their customers pathways to a more sustainable future against climate change. You will work with a team of industry leading solutions experts, and report to the Director of Offerings Solutions and Sales who will bridge assignments with these thought leaders. You will also be exposed to market actors working alongside these experts, as well as inside sales and partner management resources. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success.
- Research market actors, solutions, and opportunities for national offerings within the Division
- Work in custom-built SharePoint sites to support multiple content projects for vendor/partner strategic alliance initiatives
- Create SharePoint lists to process and track Division partnership requests
- Work with solution experts to coordinate, update and track specific solution quals metrics, e.g., X kWh saved in 2021 for each solution and upload in custom-built SharePoint site
- Assist solution experts alongside Inside Sales Representative to update, upload and organize specific solution content
- Assist Inside Sales Representative alongside solutions experts with updating a solutions Playbook and associated one-pager brochures
- Analyze market opportunities and identify leads, applying various tactics alongside Inside Sales Representative and solutions experts
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of various documents and materials for presentations
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to learn new things quickly
- Experience conducting research, organizing, and analyzing information
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, with advanced skill in SharePoint, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Preferred Majors include but are not limited to: Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, or Environmental Studies
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$36,113.00 - $61,392.00
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)