Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
2023 Summer Intern, Beneficial Electrification Analyst (Undergraduate)
We’re currently hiring for Beneficial Electrification Analyst Interns to join our teams in Summer 2023
ICF is seeking a detail-oriented candidate to support the delivery of programs aimed at driving reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and the energy transition through the uptake of electric vehicles and other electro-technologies. As an Analyst intern, you will work with cross functional IT, marketing and outreach teams researching, designing, and implementing electrification programs on behalf of ICF clients.
Transportation electrification programs support increased use of electric vehicles in passenger and fleet applications and the installation of electric vehicle chargers. ICF designs and implements programs that may include incentives, technical assistance, marketing, time-based rates, and other strategies. You will directly contribute to helping utilities and their customers electrify, decarbonize, and improve equity.
What you’ll do:
- Support operations for transportation electrification programs, primarily those implemented by electric utilities, through research, market assessments, and project administration
- Conduct outreach to and communicate with transportation electrification customers, subcontractors, stakeholders, and customer service representatives.
- Build and maintain transportation and energy industry knowledge and contribute subject matter expertise to transportation electrification programs and projects.
- Support market trend research, analysis, and reporting.
- Creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets, PDF forms and databases for internal tracking.
- Performing basic data scrubbing, analysis, and interpretation.
- Developing and updating client reports and documents.
- Conducting desktop review quality assurance/quality control of internal, external, and client materials.
What you’ll need to have:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, engineering, energy resources, business, public policy, or a similar field.
- Solid personal computer skills (Microsoft applications).
Our preferred skills/experience:
- Knowledge of or experience in the transportation electrification industry.
- Experience writing reports, articles, literature reviews, case studies, or other communications materials.
- Experience working with customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work across diverse teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and long- and short-term planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize, balance multiple tasks, and deliver work products under strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and contribute as a team player.
- Flexibility and a strong work ethic with sound business ethics.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)