Resource Managers are responsible for working with business leaders, project managers, and account managers to provide appropriate staffing on upcoming projects. They are responsible for understanding the project portfolio for a division and providing leaders with appropriate reports to assist in resource decision making. Resource Managers are responsible for ensuring that sales processes are followed and that resourcing data is as current as possible. They will have the ability to interact daily with account owners, project managers, and business leads. They will schedule and lead regular resourcing meetings with business leaders. They identify and solve for over and under-allocations; look for opportunities to increase utilization; and are responsible for the FTE/contractor request process. In addition to resourcing responsibilities, Resource Managers may also participate in the recruiting process. Resource Managers should be able to work independently, with moderate input from a direct manager needed for job performance.
Areas of Responsibility
• Use detailed resourcing reports to facilitate planning meetings with the Creative and Strategy discipline leads
• Schedule and execute resource planning meetings with business lead partners; direct follow-up actions and initiate necessary conversations for sharing resources across divisions as needed
• Assist in the administration of the resourcing tool, including adding Named and Generic Resources, maintaining custom fields, ensuring tagging is correct for both people and projects
• Train new hires on usage of resourcing tool
• Work proactively to remain informed on the status of tentative projects. Build relationships with business development, account leads, and project managers
• In partnership with business leads, vet requests for new FTEs/ contractors. Send request forms through approval process and pass off to recruiting for execution.
• Monitor forward-looking allocations and make recommendations to business leads for new hires/contractors.
• Meet or exceed division/group utilization targets.
• Actively work with other resource managers to recommend borrowing and loaning of resources across the group to optimize staffing and ensure strong utilization.
MONITORING - DATA VALIDATION
• Ensure the execution of various data validation tasks in the resourcing tool for a division. Identify and communicate issues to appropriate team members; follow up on resolution
• Proactively work toward reconciliation of resourcing data and edata for a division. Run weekly reports and reconcile data for Tentative projects
• Follow up on utilization variances across a division; determine source(s) for variance and track recurring trends
• Identify opportunities to correct recurring trends, develop potential solutions and implement
PROCESS & DOCUMENTATION
• Responsible for upkeep, proliferation, and storage/organization of resource management-related documentation as it pertains to a division.
• Responsible for working with business leaders to achieve group utilization goals. Also responsible for identifying and communicating issues causing utilization discrepancies; participate in solutions and ensure compliance
• Responsible for raising and maintaining awareness of all resourcing issues and risks and working with appropriate personnel to develop solutions.
SELF & TEAM MANAGEMENT
• Serves as a mentor to new and/or current employee(s) and assists with employee on-boarding and training.
• Follows standard policies and procedures; recommends improvements as appropriate
• 2-5 years of experience managing resources in a consulting or agency environment.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
• Competent knowledge of one or more of the following: software development life cycles, web technologies, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, media and advertising projects, brand projects, PR and social projects, digital strategy projects.
• Competent understanding of resource management methods including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, execute and analyze detailed reports, understand and improve utilization, predict resourcing capacity, and run team meetings.
• Ability to work on resourcing across multiple divisions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proven team-building skills; experience facilitating teams and clients.
• Collaborative. Sense of urgency and eagerness to learn.
• Positive and respectful attitude.
• Ability to solve problems with keen instincts and organizational experience.
• Strong Excel, Microsoft Project and MS Office skills.
• Must have a focus on detail and driving results.
• Working knowledge of contract interpretation and negotiation.ICF Olson is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)