Who we are: ICF Olson is a collective of world-class agencies delivering across the spectrum of customer experience: creative expression (Olson), public engagement (Olson Engage), customer relationships/loyalty (Olson 1to1) and digital experiences (Olson Digital). Though experts in different areas, we are united in our common POV: Think like people. ® This means everything we do is made from empathy – the key to brand success in a world of ever-shrinking attention and ever-growing choice. Learn more at icfolson.com
Who we’re looking for: What you’ll need to succeed:
Olson Engage is looking for an innovative and indispensable Project Manager with a public relations background who has a keen ability to improve overall account operations, particularly in the areas of account financials and billing.
The Project Manager will act as a key liaison between specific agency teams (including finance and accounting, sales and marketing, creative, and account teams) from inception of project through final execution phases.
The Project Manager role requires 3-5 years of project or account management experience, preferably in an agency environment, to help inform developing client scopes of work, adhering to appropriate financial deadlines, contributing to staffing plans, as well as overall financial tracking/billing. The ideal Project Manager is proactive, detail-oriented, solution driven and is able to multi-task and stay calm under pressure. You will need strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
What you’ll get to do:
Monitoring – scheduling, financials, risk management
• Track contract, billing and financial details
• Monitor invoice schedule and initiates client and vendor invoices
• Monitor and drive project schedules
• Ensure project financial close-out, reconciling OOP expenses
• Raise and maintain awareness of all project issues and risks (including and especially those financial in nature), and work with appropriate personnel to develop solutions
• Manage project financial lifecycle, including estimates, revenue forecasts, invoicing, payables, receivables, etc.
Project planning & execution
• Manage for project intake, setup and scoping
• Work with client team as well as any and all members of assigned project team to estimate costs and timing for tasks, utilizing established estimating process and tools
• Coordinate activities of the project team and ensure that project tasks are completed by: scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc.), communicating action steps to team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client and management
• Develop, maintain, review and/or disseminate all project documentation including status reports, invoices, change orders, project schedules, budgets, and post mortem reviews.
• Ensure that all project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes and is reviewed and approved
Team management & support
• Execute collaboration and admin tools across teams
• Consult and execute training on financial processes
• Act as day to day point of contact for account leads
• Partner with finance and accounting
• 3-5 years of experience managing relevant projects in a consulting or agency environment
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Competent knowledge of one or more of the following: PR and social projects, media and advertising projects, brand project, digital strategy projects
• Competent understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Proven team-building skills; experience facilitating teams and clients
• Ability to solve problems with keen instincts and organizational experience
• Strong MS Office skills
• Must have a focus on detail and driving results
• Working knowledge of contract interpretation and negotiation• Strong attention to detail is a must
ICF Olson is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)