Who we are:
ICF Olson is a collective of world-class agencies delivering across the spectrum of customer experience: creative expression (Olson), public engagement (Olson Engage), customer relationships/loyalty (Olson 1to1) and digital experiences (Olson Digital). Though experts in different areas, we are united in our common POV: Think like people. ® This means everything we do is made from empathy – the key to brand success in a world of ever-shrinking attention and ever-growing choice. Learn more at icfolson.com
Who we’re looking for:
ICF Olson is seeking a Connections Strategy Supervisor to oversee the development and execution of connections strategies on assigned accounts. The Connections Strategy Supervisor will oversee junior team members, oversee the building and stewardship of connections plans for designated clients, own and develop client relationships, and will lead negotiations with media partners.
What you’ll get to do:
● Strategic Thought Leadership: Leads development of connections strategies across account assignments.
o Becomes immersed in client business and work to meet their objectives and expectations.
o Keeps current on all available market and consumer information necessary for the preparation of the most effective and efficient connections plan.
o Guides the Connections Strategist through the plan development process.
o Builds presentations that logically and clearly communicate our strategies and recommendations.
o Presents strategic argument to clients in a clear, articulate manner that solidifies trust in the relationship and confidence in the recommended plan
o Provides an energy level that brings new and exciting ideas to the planning function.
● Oversee Execution and Stewardship: Oversees full execution and stewardship of connections plans.
o Ensures ongoing executional tasks (buy recaps, billing, creative rotations, monthly competitive, post reports, etc.) are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
o Develops relationships with vendors to bring in new opportunities for the agency
o When not using internal/external buying team, oversee negotiations with media partners
o Oversee communication amongst the team and between other departments, making sure all key parties are in the loop, especially when the client is involved.
o Delegates assignments to team members to ensure everyone is involved, being productive and being challenged.
● Foster Relationships.
o Develops relationships with clients, internal cross-functional teams, the Connections Strategy team and media representatives in order to further the mutual interests of the agency and our clients.
● Teach and Train. o Teaches connections strategy principles to Strategists and Junior Strategists, fostering personal and professional career growth.
o Where assigned, act as manager for Jr. Strategists, checking in with them on a regular cadence to provide guidance and feedback, and creating and delivering annual performance reviews. What you’ll need to succeed:
• Expected to have a strong working knowledge of the media landscape (including both traditional and digital media) and available media research.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of experience in media planning and buying
• Demonstrates expertise in media planning including media math, analysis and connections planning and stewardship tools (Advantage, IMS Suite, StrAdegy, SRDS, comScore, DCM, etc.)
• Agency experience strongly preferred
ICF Olson is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)