Online Privacy Statement
Effective Date: December 5, 2016
icf.com is comprised of various individual global, country, regional, or practice specific webpages or each associated subdomain, computer or mobile software mobile application, social media page, HTMC-formatted email message, texting, or any online service and related content (collectively, the “Site(s)"), each of which is owned, operated, controlled, or provided by ICF International, Inc. ("ICF") or one of its affiliates or their related entities (collectively, the "ICF Network").
- Website and Mobile Data
- Cookie Data (and other tracking technologies)
- Marketing Data
- Online Recruitment Data
For your convenience, we have inserted the last revision date of this Privacy Statement for the Site at the top of this page. We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement. Each time you visit the Site, we encourage you to check this Privacy Statement to confirm whether we have made any changes to any sections that are important to you. Where appropriate, we will notify you of any changes by email. By using the Site, you are agreeing to the use of your information as described in this Privacy Statement. Be sure to return to this Privacy Statement periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Privacy Statement.
Please note that the other country, regional, and practice specific websites contained within ICF Network are provided by other entities within the ICF Network and are not provided by ICF Canada and are not governed by this Privacy Statement. We encourage visitors to review each applicable ICF Network Privacy Statement.
Information ICF Canada Collects and How We Use It
- Collection of Personal Information. When you have Interactions with ICF Canada by phone, mail, in person, in texts, online, or mobile application, we sometimes collect, use, and store your Personal Information our you also may choose to provide Personal Information on our Site. Our usage or treatment of this Personal Information will be consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- facilitate and improve your online experience;
- understand Internet usage and to improve our content, offerings and advertisements;
- offer you products, programs, or services; and
- personalize your experience at our web pages (e.g., to recognize you by name when you return to our site), save your password in password-protected areas and enable you to use shopping carts on our sites.
We also may use small pieces of code such as “web beacons” or “clear gifs” to collect anonymous and aggregate advertising metrics, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses. These “web beacons” may be used to deliver cookies that conform to our Cookie Notice.
Read our Cookie Notice for more information regarding cookies. Unless you disable the cookies on our Site by clicking here, we understand that you agree to our use of the cookies and construe such action as you are providing us with your affirmative consent to the terms within this Privacy Statement.
- Mobile Information We Collect. Personal Information that we collect consists only of what you share with us. For example, certain programs or services may ask for this type of information so that we may contact you by phone or email at your request. You choose what, how, and when you want to share.
If you use any location-enabled services, you may be sending us location information. ICF Canada does not store or use this information other than to provide the service you requested. For example, a mobile product may use GPS data to find a nearby restaurant you requested. Location-enabled features are opt-in, and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time.
- Blogs, forums, wikis, and other social media. The user-generated content functionality provides the opportunity to share knowledge and post other helpful or meaningful information. Our Site also may host various forums, wikis, and other social media applications or services that allow you to share content with other users (collectively “Social Media Applications”). Use of third party services such as Social Media Applications”) is governed by the privacy practices of those services. ICF Canada does not capture or store your login information or other Personal Information for Social Media Applications, however, session information or cookies may be stored. Any Personal Information or other information that you contribute to any Social Media Application can be read, collected, and used by other users of that Social Media Application over which we have little or no control. Therefore, we are not responsible for any other user’s use, misuse, or misappropriation of any Personal Information or other information that you contribute to any Social Media Application.
How We Use Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information - Site. We may use the Personal Information collected about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, administer, and communicate with you about programs, services, events, surveys and promotions by ICF Canada or our affiliates, for example, by sending you marketing communications;
- Process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications;
- Create, administer, and communicate with you about your account, including any purchases and payments;
- Verify your identity to ensure security for the other purposes listed here;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our organization, for example, in developing new programs and services; manage our communications; perform market research, etc.;
- Determine and manage the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; analyze our programs, services, and Sites;
- Administer our Sites and perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities;
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment. Please click here for Our Candidacy Privacy Notice;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality; and
- Use of Personal Information - Mobile. We may use the Personal Information collected about you for the following purposes:
Personalize your experience with the application and to improve your overall experience, including the development of new programs, services, and features;
- User support, and when applicable, register, and administer your account;
- Contact you about updates to our programs and services; and
- Fulfill the services or implement the transactions you have requested or authorized.
- Additional Purposes. We may use Personal Information for other additional purposes. We will identify these additional purposes at the time of collection.
Sharing and Transferring of Your Personal Information
- We do not sell or otherwise disclose Personal Information about Site visitors outside ICF Canada and its affiliates, except as described in this Privacy Statement.
- We may share information provided by Site visitors or ICF Canada affiliate site visitors with our carefully selected service providers to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- We may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials as required to comply with a legitimate legal request, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our organization or assets (including through bankruptcy).
- We may transmit the Personal Information we collect on this Site or to other countries, in which we operate, including any Site accessed in the European Union (“EU”), to the United States (“U.S.”), but we will do so only for the purposes described herein.
- We may provide some Personal Information to trusted partners, which are providing services essential to your mobile user experience. All requests are sent through your mobile carrier's network and your carrier may have access to it. Consult your carrier's privacy policies for additional information. Certain mobile products and services and manufacturers allow you to interact and share your information with others. For example, you may want to Tweet or post to your Facebook page content from a ICF Canada mobile application. Consult your mobile device manufacturer, or mobile product or application developer's privacy policies for additional information.
How We Protect Your Information
- At ICF Canada, we aim to protect Personal Information submitted to us through the Site. We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction of the Personal Information you provide on this Site. We also employ commercially reasonable technologies to help keep the Personal Information you provide on this Site secure.
Links to Other Sites
- We do not pass on any Personal Information about our Site visitors to any other site. In addition, if you linked to the Site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact the owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- We will always seek your consent to collect or use your Personal Information in the ways that we have described in this Privacy Statement by giving you the option to say ‘no’ to its use. When we seek your consent to use your Personal Information, we will tell you what qe want to use it for and, other than as described in this Privacy Statement, we will not use it for any other purpose.
- In the case of sensitive personal information (e.g., bank account or credit card details), we will ask you to indicate your express consent in allowing us to use it, which may involve one of the following methods: giving us your permission verbally; ticking a box; clicking an icon; submitting a form; or subscribing to a service.
- Please refer to our Privacy Choices page for your registration, preferences, or opt out options.
How to Determine What Personal Information We Hold About You
- If you would like a copy of the information we hold on you, please contact us at:
277 Wellington Street West
Toronto, Ontario M5V 3E4 CA
It will help us to find your information if you can include within your request verification of your identity and something about the nature of your contact with us.
How to Access, Correct, Update, or Suppress Your Personal Information
- We want to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. You may request to review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise modify any of your Personal Information, or object to the use or processing of such Personal Information. You have the ability to update your Personal Information at any time.
- To access, change, or correct your Personal Information or if you have any privacy concerns regarding access to or the correction of your Personal Information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please verify your identity, make clear what, if any, Personal Information you would like to have changed, or what, if any, limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. In all cases, we will treat such requests in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- If you want to have your details removed from Our marketing mailing lists, or to change your marketing preferences, please email email@example.com or click here to opt-out.
Retention and Deletion
- ICF Canada will retain your Personal Information for as long as your active with us; as needed to provide you services; as needed for the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement or at the time of collection; as necessary to comply with Our legal obligations (e.g., to honor opt-outs), resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; or to the extent permitted by law. At the end of the retention period, we will delete your Personal Information in a manner designed to ensure that it cannot be reconstructed or read.
How We Help Keep Children Safe
- We recognize that we must be vigilant in protecting the safety and privacy of children online, and neither the Site nor our Interaction is directed toward children aged thirteen or under. This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen on our site.
- If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a visitor under the age of thirteen, we will delete the information from Our records as quickly as possible.
- If you are aged thirteen or under‚ you must obtain your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide Personal Information to the Site. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with Personal Information.
- If you believe that we might have collected any Personal Information from a child under thirteen, please contact us immediately at:
277 Wellington Street West
Toronto, Ontario M5V 3E4 CA
Questions and Contact Information
- If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, you also may contact us by visiting our Inquiry Form.