Leader Development & Evaluation
ICF helps organizations improve their processes to select, implement, manage, and evaluate the performance of their investments in leadership development programs.
How ICF Adds Value to Your Organization
ICF understands leader development holistically and how each component ought to work effectively with one another (e.g., coaching, mentoring, training, on-the-job application, and reinforcement). Whether ICF is designing or implementing one component or your entire leader development program, our solutions are integrated to achieve synergy and maximum effectiveness.
- ICF has decades of applied research experience that supports client leadership development solutions. Our approaches possess verifiable best practices or a research basis. Our solutions are effective and achieve results in developing an organization’s leaders.
- ICF possesses in-house capabilities to create and implement a full range of technology-driven learning and development solutions. Our technology-enabled learning solutions minimize leadership time commitments; increase flexibility in when and how to learn; and offer realistic, engaging depictions of leadership scenarios that promote learner insight.
- ICF’s team of leader development and specialized supporting experts have built stable and trusted relationships with our clients. These relationships endure, because we are focused on realizing your vision for leadership development. Our work is characterized by a highly efficient customization process in which we take the initiative in collaborating with you.
Our Guiding Principles/Core Values for Leader Development
- Leaders Developing Leaders
- Development is Continual
- A Tailored Approach to Each Leader
- Leader Development Can Happen Anywhere
- Evaluating Leader Development
How We Support Client Needs for Evaluating and Demonstrating Effectiveness
ICF’s hybrid evaluation approach blends traditional Kirkpatrick 4-level and Philips ROI frameworks with Brinkerhoff’s Success Case Methodology. We have helped clients enhance existing evaluation activities across the traditional four Kirkpatrick evaluation levels, as well as helped clients design and implement robust, enterprise-wide evaluation strategies and systems that cover all learning and development activities. Our approach is scalable to fit our clients’ course or program goals. Discrete evaluation efforts are “nested” within an overall evaluation strategy, and we provide procedural guidance to “right-size” evaluation approaches to key course or program characteristics.