Join ICF and the George Washington University (GW) for the 7th Research and Evaluation Forum, Opioid Use: An Epidemic of Addiction, Not Abuse. Featuring a fireside chat with Hillbilly Elegy author, J.D. Vance, interviewed by Frank Sesno, former CNN anchor and director of the GW School of Media and Public Affairs.
Academic, industry, and government experts will discuss the underlying issues that complicate America's ability to mitigate addiction. A multifaceted crisis requires a multifaceted conversation—panelists include:
- Dr. Grant Baldwin, Director, Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention at the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Dr. Lynn Goldman, Michael & Lori Milken Dean of Public Health, Milken Institute School of Public Health, the George Washington University
- Gary Mendell, Chairman and CEO, Shatterproof
- J.D. Vance, best-selling author of Hillbilly Elegy
Discussion topics include:
- The public's perceptions of opioid addiction and what influences it
- Current trends in treatment
- The impact on medical and behavioral approaches and how they differ
- Urban vs rural demographics
Network with industry peers from 10:15 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Light refreshments will be served.
Stay tuned for a detailed agenda. Space is limited - register today!
This is the first of a three part series. Here's a sneak peek on parts two and three:
- Spring 2018: regulatory perspective, President's Commission, and changes in physician prescribing
- Fall 2018: clinical and individual perspectives